The Ethical Sourcing Benefit
Meet and Exceed Stakeholder Demands
We live in a “prosumer” world. Consumers utilize their stake in the market to advocate for safer, better quality products and to dictate how those products are made. Scandals connected to forced labor, child labor, pollution, and lack of corporate transparency directly impact the choices consumers make, which create a ripple effect throughout the supply chain. The ES standards effectively reduce these negative risks by addressing each of the above issues.
One Unified Standard: Companies benefit from a single, comprehensive standard. The ES standards provide a minimum standard that encompasses local and national law, as well as the International Labor Organization Convention laws and international treaties, bringing businesses in accordance with the complex ethical standards already in existence. The ES 2.1 standard is accredited by the ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB) under ISO IEC 17021. ES 2.1 and F2SR are in the benchmarking process with the Social Supply Chain Initiative (SSCI).
Benefits to Suppliers:
- Improve transparency while protecting your brand, buyer and bottom line
- Mitigate social responsibility risk throughout your supply chain
- Free downloadable resources including Codes, guidance documents, checklists and more
- Independent, third-party, accredited program that applies to the entire supply chain
Benefits to Buyers:
- Have trust that you purchased a responsibly sourced product
- Participate in a transparent supply chain
- Rigorous, accredited, set of requirements that are verified by an independent third-party auditor
- SQFI Supplier Search makes it easy to find an ES Certified site